Whenever you buy a new coffee machine or join a competition, it’s always best to read the instructions.
However, there have been quite a few entries which did not comply with our competition requirements.
The main instruction is straightforward, “Please note that the requirement for this contest is to post a photo of your Avatar from the virtual world so submit the right entry now and stand to win up to US$2,000 Amazon vouchers!”
Here’s a gentle reminder: you are NOT the Avatar!
Let’s take a look at some entries which left us scratching our heads:
While it’s cool to post your own photograph, your entry is not eligible for the competition.
Here’s how to do it right:
- Go on to Facebook and click “Like” to become a fan of the Singapore 2010 Odyssey page to qualify for the contest.
- Register via “My Avatar” tab and submit photo in order to qualify.
- Log into Singapore 2010 Odyssey and take some nice pictures!
- Submit pictures of your avatar every week during the contest period (22 April – 19 May 2010) for the Weekly Photo Contest. Last submissions should be in by Wednesday at 23.59pm (Singapore time, GMT+8) every week.
- The photo with the highest votes win. So get your friends to vote now!
Voila! You now stand a chance of winning our attractive prizes.
Remember…read your instructions BEFORE you post another photograph of yourself, your sister or your dog. Cheers!